Black Mill

From Historical Hastings

The Black Mill was located in Ore, being constructed between 1852 and 1855 by John Wesley Thomas near to what is now the Down Farm estate and demolished in 1898[1], although the local Windmill group gives dates of 1812-1817.



  1. British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 12 July 1958 Pg. 0006 - As per Baines