From Historical Hastings
|This page is a works in progress. Please check in with the last shown editor in the history (press 'Alt' + 'shift' + H) prior to making any edits|
St. John Ambulance
The ambulance service in Hastings was originally operated by the St. John Ambulance Brigade, which had headquarters under the Glenroyde Hotel on the corner of Wellingon Square and Castle Hill Road for a period around 1914.In 1954, they carried 12623 patients and travelled 116,245 miles over 7476 journeys in their fleet of six ambulances and four cars.