Adelphi Hotel

From Historical Hastings

Located in Warrior Square and opening in 1919[1], the first mention of the Adelphi Hotel was in September 1920, when an advertisement in the The Hastings & St Leonards Observer carried an advertisement enticing retired residents to move out of their own homes into serviced 'flats' in the building[2]. Falling into disuse following WW2, the hotel was finally converted to individual apartments around 2007 - now named 'Hastings Lodge'[3].

Images


References & Notes

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 09 March 1957 pg. 7
  2. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 25 September 1920 pg. 10
  3. Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/FA/07/00691