Old Golden Cross
|Old Golden Cross|
Around 1899 the pub was demolished and completely rebuilt. Three steps bearing a damaged mosaic reading 'Old Golden Cross' are all that remains of the original building.
Prior to WW1, in 1911, the first floor Lodge Room became licensed for cinematographic performances - thereby becoming one of the first cinemas to open in the borough.
Renamed to "Hero's Venue Bar' in 2003, then "Laila" in 2008, "Flairz" in 2011 and finally, "Crowley's Bar" in 2018.
References & Notes
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 20 November 1866 Pg. 0002
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 8 October 1898 Pg. 0006