No values specified.
Built in the 1820s, its first owner was Reverend William Wallinger, curate of St Mary In The Castle between 1828 & 1834. The property was noted to have been vacant for a lengthy period in a newspaper article dating to 1904, with rumours of a previous occupant having committed suicide in the building, and apparently haunting the house. The article rebuked this superstition quite forcefully. Between 1900 and 1910 most of its substantial garden was sold off to build housing.
The building remained a large detached Villa until the 1930s when it was divided into flats. By the late 1960s/early 70s it was empty and would eventually become abandoned and derelict . The building remained, no more than a shell until demolition in June 1985.