Arnold Berre & Graham Browne's Scenic Studio

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Arnold Berre & Graham Browne's Scenic Studio
General information
Address138 Stonefield Road
Location
Loading map...


In 1905, Mr. Arnold Berre and Mr. (Charles) Graham Browne purchased a set-design company that was based in Earl Street. A few years after purchasing the company, they moved premises to 138 Stonefield Road. World War One intervened and both men served in the Royal East Kent Regiment (The Buffs). Taking the business back up on demob, they continued in partnership until 1936, when Mr. Browne passed away. Mr. Berre, a watercolour artist in his own right, continued the business and grew it to employ three staff including his nephew, a carpenter, by 1957[1]

Berre & Browne's Studio sign

References[edit]