From Historical Hastings Wiki
The Albertine was the first of a number of pleasure yachts that used to ply for trade from Hastings Beach. Was first used during the late 1870s by Mr C. W. Burton in partnership with Mr Philpox. Eventually the New Albertine took over its role.
- Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 17 September 1927