Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment
|Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment|
|Address||5-6 Breeds Place|
Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment at Breeds Place was in the occupancy of a Mr Gildersleeve between 1888 and 1909 for some 21 years. During his tenure, he renamed it 'Stanton House Royal'. The hallway was lined with mirrors reflecting the moulded ceilings giving the impression of an avenue. These were removed when he vacated the property in 1909; it then became the property of the Y.M.C.A. and the Royal Coat of Arms was placed over the entrance.