Wallis Field

From Historical Hastings
Revision as of 10:28, 19 October 2020 by RoyPenfold (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Stephen Putland" to "Stephen Putland")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Part of Gensing Farm since 1702, this field of 23 acres 2 rods and 20 perches now underlies Alfred Street. On the 14th of November 1851, Charles Gilbert Eversfield sold a portion of the field of 2 acres 0 rods 21/2perches in the parish of St Mary Magdalen, to William Pain Beecham of Hawkhurst, Kent, gent, and his trustee Stephen Putland of St Leonards, merchant, for £807[1]. It is to be believed that the rest of the field was similarly apportioned around the same period.

References[edit]

  1. East Sussex County Council Archive The Keep GB179_AMS6226_1