Purpose: Formats date according to user preference. Preference is set with language preference. English-Great Britain (en-gb) gets day-month-year order as well as all other non En languages. If user preference is en, then US/Canada Month-day-year order is used.
Parameter 1: Recognized:
- Year only- no error checks- just passes the value
- Three orders, dependent on delimiter
- Day Month Year
- Months may be a number, a month name in english, or a three letter english abbreviation
- Illegal day values identified (February 29 in a non leap year)
- link: If any value besides null, this links the date. If day provided, then first link is to month and day. Otherwise only the year is linked.
|wikitext||en||en-gb, es, fr...|
|3 Nov 1876}}||November 3, 1876||3 November 1876|
|November 1876}}||November 1876||November 1876|
|1876-11-3}}||November 3, 1876||3 November 1876|
|11/3/1876}}||November 3, 1876||3 November 1876|
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:D/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.