Removed from the West Hill in 1838 by John Reed Harmer, this smock mill was one of the earliest mills in the area. The mill was subsequently purchased by C. M. Thorpe in 1846, then William Draper. The mill had many of its wooden components replaced by metal during 1862. A mill was shown on mapping in this area as the 'Tivoli Mill' in 1813, but is possibly a different mill.
The mill ceased operation in 1941 and although attempts were made to preserve the structure, it gradually fell into dereliction.
The site of the mill later became known as 'Griffins Yard' occupied by a removals firm